Questions to ask Before Listing
Ask yourself these questions before you meet with your agent:
- Will I need to make any improvements to the home?
- How old is my home?
- The age of your roof, plumbing, and electrical wiring may come into play when pricing your home repairs after an inspection. Be prepared for unexpected costs.
- Will the return be worth the investment?
- What improvements have we made on the home in the past?
- Take a list of these things to agent for the listing write-up
- How much do I owe on my home?
- What’s the bottom dollar I can accept?
- What’s my ideal selling price?
- What’s the market in my area like right now?
- What would my home appraise at?
- Am I willing to pay any closing costs and how would this affect my asking price?